Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Tila’s Tum

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Tila’s Tum

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

She had it done like Marks Cass did?? cant remember how they did hers but no outside stitches not sure about inside.

*Lassie*

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=11935.msg228508#msg228508 date=1215285811]
    She had it done like Marks Cass did?? cant remember how they did hers but no outside stitches not sure about inside.
    [/quote]

They have to stitch the muscles back together so she will have internal stitches, don’t think they do ‘keyhole’ spays just yet

hope shes feeling better soon laura :-*

.dodger.

looked at it this morning, it’s half the size and pinkish not the red it was last night. Still think the vets is ness or just stick with the arnica and aloe vera :-\

GSPmad

as others said the vets may just give her antibiotics. post a pic of how it is today.

.dodger.

mam taken the camera away on her hols ::)

Anonymous

[quote author=.dodger. link=topic=11935.msg228461#msg228461 date=1215280669]
    Tila was spayed almost 3 weeks ago now and yesturday i noticed a lumpy bit at the top of the wound. Today it’s all red but with a blue / black bit in the middle? She went to the vet about a week ago and they siad she was happy with it and was healing well so is it just some late swelling and bruising or something i need to be worried about? photobucklet taking ages to upload but there will be pic’s to see.
    [/quote]

Laura from the picture that’s exactly what happened to Cass’s scar about 2 weeks after the op. She suddenly got a lump the same and i took her back to the vet but all it was fine, it was just a reaction to the internal sutures he used & it was common with the type of op Cass had, she had no stitches on the outside but they did put some dissolving ones inside which they can have a reaction to, i thought it was a hernia but it was not.

The vet did give me anti biotics as reassurance but he said it didn’t need them really, and it went down really quickly on it’s own.

.dodger.

thanks Mark – it’s going down really quickly so i’ll hold off till tonight and see what it’s like. If it starts to get bigger and redder i’ll take her back. 🙂

Anonymous

If the Aloe Vera has taken the inflammation down I would stick with that, it’s a wait and see.
    Most of this sort of scar does sort it’s self out but sometimes the dogs imunne system is not good enough to fight the infection, I think in this case she will be fine.
    Val

[quote author=.dodger. link=topic=11935.msg228609#msg228609 date=1215340277]
    looked at it this morning, it’s half the size and pinkish not the red it was last night. Still think the vets is ness or just stick with the arnica and aloe vera :-\
    [/quote]

Glad to hear its a bit better today Laura  :-*

xtine

:-* to Tila n her lumpy bits

hiya has her little lump gone down now? beau had the same thing except from boy op they put dissolving stitches in as they didn’t want to have him come back for them to be removed (a couple of the vets are scared of him and he has never ever done anything to any of them!) and anyway he had an allergic reaction to them at about …. yep 2 weeks as they still hadnb’t dissolved so off we went nice vet stitches out a moan about them using those kind anyway and all was better in 2 days!  🙂

Anonymous

personally i would never have a dog neutered again with only internal stitches after my experiences with william.  i lost my job and almost lost my dog too because of their fussing about “not wanting him back for taking out stitches”. 

claire x

they didn’t ask me, the vet (my normal one) said normal stitches in the following week to have them removed, went to collect and she (a different vet) said she had put dissolvables in blah blah…won’t ever be seeing her again.

.dodger.

when i’m on my own i wont have a dog castrated or spayed except for health reasons, we only got Tila done because we had to, there was no where for either her or dodge to go when she came into season. plus the fact that she’s a rescue

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime