Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Toilet Training

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training Toilet Training

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Vickydoo

Hiya,

I thought I would start a new topic on this, away from Heidi’s introduced thread.

Toilet training is going much better, she has started going to the door to ask when she needs out.

But recently we can be doing some training eg “down”,  and when she gets back up she will have pee’d while lying down.  Or the same for example if I’ve been teaching snoozy.  She will run over to the snoozy, sit down, then when she gets back up she will have had an accident.

We can take her out and within 10 – 15 mins she will have had an accident, and often it seems like she hasn’t even noticed she was doing it.

I’m not sure if I should be taking her to the vet in case she has a UTI of if it’s a normal part of toilet training.

I would appreciate anyone’s thoughts.

Val

Take her too the vet it’s not normal I expect it’s a bladder infection
    Val

Vickydoo

Thanks Val, I will take her to the vet first thing.

Vickydoo

My OH took the pup to the vet this morning, and she is healthy.  We took a urine sample with us which she tested, but there was no trace of blood or high protein in the sample.

The vet suggested it may just be the change in weather and that she may just be a bit unsure about the snow, and isn’t fully emptying her bladder while outside.

I still think it’s strange that she is having accidents while lying or sitting down, but the vet says nothing wrong with her so we will keep an eye on her and see how she gets on.

Val

I think it’s strange too never known a Newfie that was not happy in the cold and snow that plus water are their great loves in life
    Val

Vickydoo

She loves the snow!  We take her out for a play and she ends up falling asleep outside!

I might send you a pm if that’s ok Val.

Val

Received and Replied  :ok:

[quote author=Vickydoo link=topic=15561.msg278200#msg278200 date=1291207470]
    She loves the snow!  We take her out for a play and she ends up falling asleep outside!

I might send you a pm if that’s ok Val.

[/quote]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime