training – left and right – clicker style

Home Main Forums Sticky subjects Those questions that keep on getting asked training – left and right – clicker style

This topic contains 105 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  kizkiznobite 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 106 total)
  • Author

kizkiznobite

phew – thank doG for that ;D
    perfect
    jst dont get them mixed up!

have your weekend break – we will talk about whistle cues next week

have a good time ūüôā

By jove she’s got it!!¬† What’s that Bev? ‘about bloody time too’!!¬† I know, I know!!!¬† I’m much better at ‘doing’ rather than reading how to do stuff.

I’m sure we’ll have a cracking time – off for my tea now and finish the packing !!

Catch up with ya Monday  :-*

Gracie

so dogs left(dog facing me) , is my right arm signal, but say left
    does this nor confuse the dog if the dog is next to me, and i say left, and use left arm as want dog to go left??

or is this why we do dog left and right so can do it when facing u and when not!?

kizkiznobite

t h i n k – remember – you are cueing an action not the result – as in cue sit when lying down

if the dog is facing you and you stretch out you right arm as the visual – what way in to his/her body is the dog going to turn? if you cue it right then the dog will always turn that way – ok?

Gracie

im sorry im sure i get this!
    i get the cue the sit, when lieing down, fist over head bring in back to get her to sit up, but with the left and right a dog will not know their left and right , so will it ever be on verbal only?? i think i get the arms i think, dog will go where arm is pointing even if no verbal

dont worry, not started this one will leave it till i fully understand!!

kizkiznobite

back track – why does a well cued dog push bum in to floor when lying down and cued sit – you told me this remember – the sit is bum on floor ie the action – if dog lying down then bum is on floor – so if you cue sit then bum will be pushed further on floor so we say upsit yeah

if the dog is facing you his left is your right etc – if you verbal cue right to go your right the dog is going his left – so when he next to you – if you cue your right – then he will still go his left

it is the action that is verbal cued – not the direction – everyone got that?

so jayne has it correct ;D well done to jayne

Anonymous

If you are walking forward and you want the dog to go right you shout right. ¬†The dog will turn and go right!!! ¬†When training and dog is facing you – this is about what way the dog is facing so you dont say right if it is the dogs left. ¬†Think Dog – do it from dogs perspective once it is in place and firm the dog will turn to whatever way you are visually cueing and go the correct way. ¬†Do it from dog’s view when teaching it.

Gracie

ok i got it!!

Anonymous

COME = your left
    GET = your right

old school horse driving  ;D

quote :

so jayne has it correct  well done to jayne

I surprise myself sometimes !!  LOL

Bev

Which of the 2 whistles you recommend should I get, does it matter which?

kizkiznobite

i would say get a 2 11 1/2 but see what waggi says

Anonymous

thats what i have got  ;D

Anonymous

[quote author=Jayne & Murphy link=topic=3988.msg60835#msg60835 date=1155155252]
    Bev

Which of the 2 whistles you recommend should I get, does it matter which?
    [/quote]

I like wolf whistles………….¬† ;D

Been a while since my fat *rse attracted any though  ::)

Waggi – where did ya get it from ?

Mudgie – aw I’m whistling at ya now !!¬† is that better?¬† :-*

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!