Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Update on Newfie

Home Archive Forums General Category Puppy talk Update on Newfie

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Vickydoo

Since it’s been a long time since I posted my introduction, I thought I should update everyone on the newfie status!

Currently not too much to tell, but I spoke with the breeder 2 weeks ago and she was fairly certain they had managed to breed their girl.  She would be about 4.5 weeks gone by now.

I’m not an expert on breeding so unsure when she will know for definite, but I’m guessing if a breeder says she is 99% sure then its a good sign.

We now just have to wait and see if there are any girls in the litter for us!

Val

By then I would know if a bitch was in pup.
    Good Luck
    Val

Vickydoo

We got the news last night that there were no puppies after all.

However she did tell us that one of the dogs she co owns is excecting pups sometime this week!

Sooo… more waiting!!! And again here’s hoping there is a pup for us!  It does mean that I really need to get back into doing my homework on training, as I am sure I have forgotten everything I have already read on these pages!

Lisa33

Fingers crossed for you getting a pup! ;D

*Nat*

Fingers crossed for you  :ok: We have a Newfie living next door to us, beautiful dogs  ;D

Val

As this girlie is only co owned you had better check out who is mating who and get the hip scores checked on the KC site very important with Newfies.
    Fingers crossed this time
    Val

[quote author=Vickydoo link=topic=15308.msg276543#msg276543 date=1283339155]
    We got the news last night that there were no puppies after all.

However she did tell us that one of the dogs she co owns is excecting pups sometime this week!

Sooo… more waiting!!! And again here’s hoping there is a pup for us!  It does mean that I really need to get back into doing my homework on training, as I am sure I have forgotten everything I have already read on these pages!

[/quote]

Vickydoo

This is Dad  http://www.uknewfoundlands.info/pedigree.asp?DogID=2082

and mum is http://www.uknewfoundlands.info/profile.asp?DogId=821

(which has no details on the page.)  I am waiting to hear back from the breeder with more details of Mum.

I have (I hope) been very picky with the breeder and wanted someone who bred for the betterment of the breed.

You have no idea how many times I have had to explain to people why I do not want my Newf from the woman in the next town who is selling her pups in the newspaper.  Even if they are available now!!

Val

Bitch has hips of 7-5 thats all thats on the KC site so that is all she is tested for her sire is an import nothing listed on the health front but he may have been tested in the USA her dam is Sandbears Simply The Best she has been hip scored and is 5-4
    Ask me another LOL
    Val

Vickydoo

Thanks Val!

I did eventually find the hip score of the bitch last night, but glad you were able to confirm it for me!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime