Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

URGENT – Dog coats desparately needed for kennel rescue dogs!

Home Archive Forums General Category Sales and wanted URGENT – Dog coats desparately needed for kennel rescue dogs!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

We currently have a large number of dogs in kennels awaiting foster homes/forever homes.ย  Does anyone have any dog coats (any sizes) that they don’t need or their dog won’t wear because our kennel dogs would be really glad to have a little extra insulation in this cold weather.ย  If so please send send me a personal mail and I will give you the address details.

Appreciate the help with this one.

Anonymous

Hi,

a brilliant way to get coats is to ask on freecycle so anyone here who wanted to help could ask on their local groups for dog coats and send them to RR ๐Ÿ™‚

also you can put a plea out on TRPD – if you dont have a rescue rep on there, PM me asap and i’ll do the plea for you as long as the rescue agree thats OK as it is quite complicated to use ๐Ÿ˜‰

a third suggestion is if you have some nice warm blankets, you can make basic coats very easily ๐Ÿ™‚

lastly, ask ask ask !!ย  P@H are usually good for an item or two maybe they have a couple of “christmassy” jumpers left over that you can use as warm coats ?

Claire x

You are always a mine of info Piglet!ย  ๐Ÿ˜€

We have done Freecycle.ย  Forgive my ignorance, but who/what is TRPD & P&H?

Ta!

Anonymous

Hi,

P@H – pets at home, i’ve got best results going in myself and asking for the manager and taking headed paper or something official from the rescue ๐Ÿ™‚ย  maybe try your local one and ask your fosterers to try theirs?

TRPD – the link to their forum isย  http://petcraftproject.proboards24.com/ย  I’ve just looked and Jane is your rescue rep for RR and TR.ย  I have added you a plea to this threadย  ….

http://petcraftproject.proboards24.com/index.cgi?board=Resqevents&action=display&thread=9639

Claire x
    p.s. I hear you guys are splitting off the staffies in 2009 to their own special site – hope all goes well !!

It’s official … you are angel!ย  Thank you!

Not splitting off, just they will have their own dedicated site too!

Anonymous

also, wholesale / warehouse places and manufacturers are all worth asking ๐Ÿ™‚

ask about seconds, prototypes, returned damaged goods – take whatever you can get and repair ๐Ÿ™‚

Claire x

Yep, have already mailed the manufacturers – am on the case!ย  ;D

Anonymous

GOOD NEWS !!

TRPD have agreed to *DONATE FREE* 1 coat per every 4 coats sold in their current sale !!!!

They need to know an address to send them to and also what sizes are in need most and how many dogs are in the kennels ?

Can you let me know please ๐Ÿ™‚

also – anyone who wants to buy a coat … you’ll be helping to put coats on kennel doggies ๐Ÿ™‚

Claire x

Anonymous

http://petcraftproject.proboards24.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=projs&thread=9737&page=1

This is the thread (you’ll have to join i think) which tells you about rescue remedies.

http://petcraftproject.proboards24.com/index.cgi?board=auctc&action=display&thread=9536

This is the thread to look at to buy coats for your dogs (and then donate your old ones to RR please !!)

Claire x

You are an angel (can’t find an emoticon for that)!

Saw the threads yesterday – Jane sent them to me – bloody marvelous!

The sizes we need are for general terriers i.e. Lakelands/Patterdales/Jack Russells/Westies and for our Staffordshire Bull Terrier – likely to be a range of small/medium depending on how they come up.ย  Last count we had about 31 dogs in kennels.

The address is:

Rescue Remedies
    14 Chase Road
    Linford
    Hampshire
    GU35 0RG

Thank you very much Claire – the RR team are all very grateful.ย  Hate seeing cold doggies in kennels.

Best wishes
    Sharon

Anonymous

great – have added address / numbers and types of dogs !

now …. the more people who buy the better ๐Ÿ™‚

so ….. just tell everyone – see if your foster homes or volunteers might treat their own dogs to a coat (and if its to replace an old one get them to donate that too!!)

how about e-mailing round your “homed” dogs to see if anyone would like to purchase a coat to help put coats on your kennel dogs ?

just post … everywhere ๐Ÿ™‚ย  if you nosey round the TRPD forum there are pictures of their coats (they are really nice – hand made in a HUGE variety of styles – honestly even makes me feel i need coats for mine and they’re in a centrally heated house most of the day lol!!!!!)

must go – harry is outside playing with W&B and its almost dark !!!

Claire x

Thanks once again Claireย  ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous

no probs – just sorry i cant help more to get the word out ๐Ÿ˜€

claire x

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees โ€“ ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime