Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

VAAALLLL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Izzie

I’m thinking of breeding from Livs (if she takes and all health tests come back clear)

I had the number of the lady in southampton who does the hip xrays but lost the bugger, have you got it?

Also what else do I need to do for her health tests? got her pdp1 test here – was advised by breeder to get it done even though she heriditary clear.

Val

Hips are done by Marilyn Baker 01329230052 recommended health checks KC are on the web site I think they are eye tested, have you sent the results of her pdp1 to the KC so that it can go on the web site?
    Are you going to get your own affix or use the breeders?
    Val

Izzie

[quote author=Val link=topic=15544.msg278027#msg278027 date=1290085842]
    Hips are done by Marilyn Baker 01329230052 recommended health checks KC are on the web site I think they are eye tested, have you sent the results of her pdp1 to the KC so that it can go on the web site?
    Are you going to get your own affix or use the breeders?
    Val
    [/quote]

thank you
    No just got the kit, so going to battle with her today to get the swabs.

Not sure on affix, would prefer my own rather I think, going to look into that today but  Im not so sure. She is small for the breed, even with the diet she is on, so I know that she will most likely need a Csection (breeder has never been able to get a natural birth, last one was with livs mum )

Izzie

marylin is stopping jsut before Xmas, and doesnt know when she will be restarting as she moving premises  :-\

Val

You mean Livs mother had a natural birth ?
    Personally I would expect natural whelping 9/10 with a dog larger than a toy even if I had a peke that had a Csection I would not breed on with her or her daughters.
    When you are breeding you should not be looking to close to your bitch but look a lot closer at the breed type of the parents and gran parents they are going to be more the type that is thrown.
    For example Layla and Eshia were top brace team but if they were judged
    separately they were a different type their build is different Eshia is very much the shape of her paternal grandfather and has got his coat, My Bob is very like Layla in a brown coat.
    In pekes I bred the largest pup out of the smallest bitch I ever bred.
    Between you me and this board if the breeder is getting a lot of Csections then she should try another line as to me she has either got an abnormality in the pelvis unless the CS are because of eneria even if it is that runs in lines
    Val
    If you post on UKshowdogs and ask about the hips someone will answer with someone else possibly more up your way say that Marilyn is on the move else they will send you her phone number

[/quote]

a Csection (breeder has never been able to get a natural birth, last one was with livs mum )
    [/quote]

Izzie

Dhe started too, too long a gap between pups and she ended up with metritus and mastitus.

most clumbers dont have a natural birth as far as I know but am going to look into it more, Iwanted to get the health testing done. My vet wants me to breed in her next season (after crufts) because Jan always bred from her dogs at an older age of 3/4 which is why they want me to go with her next season.

Cassie has done ok in the show scene but not brilliantly, her litter brother has done better and his offspringer have done better. Liv’s grandfather or greatgrandfather(?) was a Sh Ch and always did well in the show scene. (Sealumber )

Livs has the same face as her mum and grandmother

Its the tweedsmuir line that worries me- thats on her sire’s side. http://www.tweedsmuir.org.uk/tweedsmuir_white_hunter.htm

Val

Can’t see the connection with to long between pups and the two MM Metritis is most often associated with retained fetuses or placentas and mastitus is too much milk or not enough pups.
    I can see no reason for a clumber to have Csections they are a big wide dog they should be able to pop pups.
    I think you need to check what age the club will allow her to be bred!!! beardies are bred at two onwards it’s in our code of ethics I do agree with your vet to mate them young Eshia had pre inertia I know she was too old to breed spent to long showing her a lot of beardies are bred at four but they are not running on such a small gene pool.
    Can you send me a copy of her pedigree?
    Have to say if it’s possible I would stay within the Sealumber lines what lines are the bitches from that the litter brother has been bred too.
    I know there are a lot of problems in the breed which I know nothing about so guess on that front you have done the research have you looked at the Abbyford Clumber I do not know the breeder but I do know she breeds her stuff OK she has a lot of low hip scores and her dogs work
    Val

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=15544.msg278034#msg278034 date=1290096032]
    Dhe started too, too long a gap between pups and she ended up with metritus and mastitus.

most clumbers dont have a natural birth as far as I know but am going to look into it more, Iwanted to get the health testing done. My vet wants me to breed in her next season (after crufts) because Jan always bred from her dogs at an older age of 3/4 which is why they want me to go with her next season.

Cassie has done ok in the show scene but not brilliantly, her litter brother has done better and his offspringer have done better. Liv’s grandfather or greatgrandfather(?) was a Sh Ch and always did well in the show scene. (Sealumber )

Livs has the same face as her mum and grandmother

Its the tweedsmuir line that worries me- thats on her sire’s side. http://www.tweedsmuir.org.uk/tweedsmuir_white_hunter.htm
    [/quote]

Izzie

Livs will be 2 years old by the time she has her next season

Will scan and email it over tonight or tomorrow her pedigree, got to go fish it out.

Val

Well I have no idea where her first year went but the second year is going even faster LOL
    She is a good age to be bred go for it but a word from the wise  :yes: your vet may suggest having the progesterone test say yes I have handled a few bitches that have had these and it’s dam good they have all had pups and all been spot on the day, they were chatting about it a little while ago on UKshowdogs and they are singing the praises as well.
    Val

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=15544.msg278036#msg278036 date=1290109831]

Will scan and email it over tonight or tomorrow her pedigree, got to go fish it out.

[/quote]

Val

I like this boy would think he is a total outcross for your lass (my best mating have been outcrosses)
    Now you can tell me what is wrong with him as I am only going on a picture and health checks

http://www.abbyford.co.uk/xon.htm

Izzie
    Izzie

I know I cant believe she will be 2 in January!  :surrender: :surrender:

I will get the progeterone test done thank you .

[quote author=Val link=topic=15544.msg278037#msg278037 date=1290111996]
    Well I have no idea where her first year went but the second year is going even faster LOL
    She is a good age to be bred go for it but a word from the wise  :yes: your vet may suggest having the progesterone test say yes I have handled a few bitches that have had these and it’s dam good they have all had pups and all been spot on the day, they were chatting about it a little while ago on UKshowdogs and they are singing the praises as well.
    Val

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=15544.msg278036#msg278036 date=1290109831]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Izzie

Val, you had any experience with this lady? Elizabeth Baines  – she come over from the IOW to portsmouth  ???

Val

He looks nice can’t see hip score or eyes

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=15544.msg278039#msg278039 date=1290113061]
    http://anbrookclumbers.moonfruit.co.uk/#/flynn/4533354220

I quite like flynn
    [/quote]

Val

I think she is the retired vet that works with Marilyn
    Val

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=15544.msg278048#msg278048 date=1290174340]
    Val, you had any experience with this lady? Elizabeth Baines  – she come over from the IOW to portsmouth  ???
    [/quote]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime