Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

VAL,BEV,MY WODAN,URGENT… not urgent anymore

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health VAL,BEV,MY WODAN,URGENT… not urgent anymore

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 139 total)
  • Author
    Diesel73

Something terrible wrong with Wodan. He had something this morning. Don’t know what. he was laying on sofa, went to the floor and was in a pool of foam. everything wet, from frontfeet to tail. his eyes are moving constantly rightleftrightleftrightleft. he can not stand. can not contact goddamne vet until tomorrow. now he calm. but eyes still moving. slower but still not normal. tried to pick him up, but he don’t want to be moved, just want to lay here next to me. than he calm. head and neck is moving normal and gives me paws when i talk to him.

Diesel73

He had drink, was very thursty. not interested in food. breath normal. no temperature. can still grumble at diesman. is very calm now. makes no attempt to get up, just want be petted. eyes still moving. raises head if he hears somthing.

xtine

:'( wish I could offer some advice Diesel… Hope Val or Bev are on soon x

oh Wodan poor boy :-*

could it have been a fit?

Izzie

Diesel, you checked his gums?, breathing rate, heart rate?  :-*

.dodger.

just ditto what Izzie said :-* Have you not got an emergency vet open all weekend?

Diesel73

[quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=14604.msg271008#msg271008 date=1249806035]
    oh Wodan poor boy :-*

could it have been a fit?
    [/quote]
    it…. it looks like a bleeding in the brain with humans. The eyemovement…
    epilepsie it is not, that i have seen befor.

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=14604.msg271010#msg271010 date=1249806516]
    Diesel, you checked his gums?, breathing rate, heart rate?  :-*
    [/quote]
    breath and heart is normal, no temprature. Gums  >:( god, vergot to check that…….
    it’s slightly darker than normal. not blue-ish or purple, still pink, but pink-er.

Diesel73

He sleep now. thought his back end was completely paralized, but is not entire, he moves back feet now he is dreaming.

[quote author=xtine link=topic=14604.msg271007#msg271007 date=1249805276]
    :'( wish I could offer some advice Diesel… Hope Val or Bev are on soon x
    [/quote]
    I do to. i nt know what do do  :'( . He had large drink, and now he just want to stay here and not move. constantly want to be pet. moment i move he raises head to see where i go and give paws to get attention when i sit back here. when i stroke his hair he wants to sleep again. damne vet on holiday till tomorrow. my bigdude not in any pain, just seems to be disoriented and body is not doing what he wants it to do. i wanted to pick him up and put him outside to see if he can’t stay on his feet, or that his backlegs are not doing anything at all. normal he not mind and is calm when i pick him up, but today he not like it at all, he afraid to be lifted.  :'(

No vomit, no nothing of that. we not know where the big pool of foam came from or how. he was in livingroom laying on sofa. no noise no nothing. al of sudden he moved from sofa to floor, wobling like as if drunk. wanted to go outside because that was where i was going. but he could not and there was foam everywhere. also little on sofa. so it had started befor he got off the sofa. he was not scared than, until until i told him to stay. than he layed down. he got of the sofa semi crawling. later when i wanted to pick him up and lay on lawn to see if there was any geste of getting up he got scared and did not want to be moved out of the house. so i put him back here with me.

[quote author=.dodger. link=topic=14604.msg271011#msg271011 date=1249806622]
    just ditto what Izzie said :-* Have you not got an emergency vet open all weekend?
    [/quote]
    Not around here. He not want to be moved, so i do not want to stress him to much by taking him someplace strange where he not knows anything and anybody at all after hours of driving.

.dodger.

if not a fit what about something like a stroke or heart attack?

Diesel73

[quote author=.dodger. link=topic=14604.msg271016#msg271016 date=1249808213]
    if not a fit what about something like a stroke or heart attack?
    [/quote]
    Stroke it could be…. damne it been so long since school i only remember bits and parts  >:( . either brainstroke or brainbleeding causes rapid moving of the eyes. I thought it was brainbleeding, but now am not sure anymore.
    Heart attack…. i don’t know, if like with humans, than i think not because he was not in anypain. yet with humans there is not always abnormal pain in left arm and behind thorax either. But usualy there is some pain in abdomen..

i think it is not epilepsie because i had boy that had that. this what my bigboy has is nothing like it. he not recovers like when epileptic seizure is over either. he just not recovering at all.

now he asleep and dreaming, or i think he is. he not just moving his eyes like when awake, but also eyebrown, lips, feet a little and chest muscles. Not intense, just little. exactly the way dogs look when they are dreaming.

Diesel73

white of eyes, is white, not yellow, not pink, not red. nose is wet and cold. he licks his nose, he flappers his ears to get rid of a fly. he now awake, part from his eyes still moving leftright, but slower and less intense as they did before……. if you not know him, you think he just being lazy. he gets up in laying down flat to laying down on his ellbows. just as ‘fast’ as he normaly does, he interested if diesel barcks at neighbour’s girls. but no attempt to getting up.

Diesel73

brains are all over the place, mine that is. i remember that when it a human brainbleed than there is eyemovement, increase of bloodpressure and heartrate. that does not seem to aply for my boy. he not really lethargic either. his body just won’t co-operate. or atleast that’s how he looks and behaves. his brain wants to, but he knows his body wont. if wodan knows he can not do something, he won’t make an attempt. always been like that. he rather hold his pride up high and choses to just remain as he is than to try something and fail.

Izzie

Diesel, sweets, breathe  :-* :-*

Diesel73

Backlegs do still have some function. He just scratched his head with his backfoot. but he still woozy, and not making any attempt to getting up at all. sunshine left to baker. i am waiting to see for his response when she gets home.
    kids are cuddling him constant. he liking ti very much. so he not want to be left alone.

i got to go outside at some point today. have not seen my lifestock at all today and they are hungry by now and still locked up. but lot of work so we all got to go. i am going to pick him up and move him into the garden to his favourite hangout spot. am going to put my woman next to im to keep an eye on him.

But like i told, diesel is bothering me. he should be all over wodan. provocing him to a goodmorning wreste……. he not doing that at all, he completely ignoring wodan. not avoiding, just ignoring, as if wodan not even there. walks runs past wodan as if he not even there. not looking at him at all.

Wodan just tried to get up, but he can not stand, he falls over. now he laying down again, ears up. His eyes still moving but less and less rapid. his head is very awake, so are his front feet. He seems bored of laying down. constantly trying now to put himself in a different position. Not because of pain but because he can not see what he wants to see through the back door.

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=14604.msg271021#msg271021 date=1249810705]
    Diesel, sweets, breathe  :-* :-*

[/quote]
    Like fresh air? What’s that? Does that include smoke?  20+ sigarets i smoked since this morning  ::) .
    For f@cksake, i even forgot to feed me fish  ::) . Better do that now befor i have to go outside and forget my got fish completely…

oh diesel :-* my thoughts are with you and Wodan

have you tried looking up his symptoms on the internet to see if you can get an idea of what might be going on?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 139 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime