Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

von willebrands disease

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health von willebrands disease

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    bek

can anybody help me with the test results for this please 🙂

GSPmad
    bek

the vwd test has been done and results are back but need help with results vet isnt sure. as there are breeders here i thought they could maybe help??

GSPmad

fine.

but doubt they can help without the results and breed…..

bek

the breed is the dobermann and i will share the results if someone can help

Anonymous

Hi Bek
    von Willebrand’s disease is classified as Type 1, Type 2 or Type 3.  Type 1 vWd is the form that occurs in Dobermanns.  vWD is inherited as an autosomal recessive trait.
    Need a bit more info off the results if this is no help
    Val

bek

thanks val brunos test result came back at 52  vet said 0- 50 is affected and 69 and up is unaffected but all she said about his is maybe retest in a year but am i right in thinking he is a carrier with these results
    thankyou

*Nat*

Can’t help with test results sorry but…….. who is Bruno  ;D

bek

he is a friends dog brown/rust i posted pics of him months ago

*Nat*

Have found the post now and reminded myself  ;D Can I ask why he was tested for VWD?

bek

for breeding i presume

Anonymous

Type 1 vWD is the most common found in dobermann it shows by a reduction in the plasma concentration of all multimer sizes.  Affected homozygote dogs have plasma vWF concentrations between 5% and 20% of normal (normal: 75%-170% I seem to have a different range than your vet.
    Heterozygote carriers usually have plasma vWF concentrations less than 50% of normal (30%-50%) but some carriers can have vWF concentrations of 50%-75% of normal making it difficult to differentiate these carriers from unaffected dogs on the basis of vWF antigen bioassay alone.
    Did they give you the test results so that I can see the test they did if you have them stick them in an email to me so I can read them don’t put them on the board  😮 as we may see them posted elswhere
    Good on Bruno’s mum for testing
    Val

bek

val lee (brunos mum) will be picking them up from vet tomorrow or thursday so will email when she gets them thanks for the help.
    Also if somone no’s dobermann pedigrees could they help if i send them a 5 generation pedigree at first i thought he was pet breed but even though his breeder has no affix when lee showed me his 5 generation pedigree i noticed his dad is a jw winner also has ch/cm in brackets not sure what it means also his mum is champion sired also has champions in every generation, in some more then a few seems well breed so just need some help

Anonymous

Send a copy of the pedigree over and I will look at it
    Have to say breeding is not all about the paper the standard of the dog its self plays a big part

[quote author=bek link=topic=12061.msg231790#msg231790 date=1216741489]
    val lee (brunos mum) will be picking them up from vet tomorrow or thursday so will email when she gets them thanks for the help.
    Also if somone no’s dobermann pedigrees could they help if i send them a 5 generation pedigree at first i thought he was pet breed but even though his breeder has no affix when lee showed me his 5 generation pedigree i noticed his dad is a jw winner also has ch/cm in brackets not sure what it means also his mum is champion sired also has champions in every generation, in some more then a few seems well breed so just need some help
    [/quote]

bek

oh i no val but i does help though 🙂

have text lee she is picking up vwd results tomorrow and has photocopied his 5 generation pedigree so will send it to you val as soon as i get it 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime