Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

von willebrands disease

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health von willebrands disease

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Bilclarie

[quote author=bek link=topic=12061.msg231790#msg231790 date=1216741489]
    val lee (brunos mum) will be picking them up from vet tomorrow or thursday so will email when she gets them thanks for the help.
    Also if somone no’s dobermann pedigrees could they help if i send them a 5 generation pedigree at first i thought he was pet breed but even though his breeder has no affix when lee showed me his 5 generation pedigree i noticed his dad is a jw winner also has ch/cm in brackets not sure what it means also his mum is champion sired also has champions in every generation, in some more then a few seems well breed so just need some help
    [/quote]

If you post on here or email it to me I can have a look at it for you also of youtr friend has had VWD testing done for breeding purposes has she had hips and eyes done too and depending on the age of the dog DCM testing.

Mo and the Gang

bek

she will be having hips and elbows done a group of us are planning to go to southhampton but that wont be for another 6 months (when pups are old enough to be screaned) he is 17 months now 🙂

could you tell me a little more about DCM testing as i dont think she has heard of that thankyou

Anonymous

re DCM  Contact Carol Smith on 0115 9321698 or E-MAIL: REMESCA@aol.com  she will put you in touch with someone who tests nearest to you, but they only take dogs on the trial from 5 – 8 years, Dex is on the trial so if want to know anything just ask 🙂

Anonymous

a little off topic – just wondering why so old for DCM ? 

is it more researching into it rather than a test before breeding ?

Claire x

GSPmad

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12061.msg231932#msg231932 date=1216763095]
    a little off topic – just wondering why so old for DCM ? 

is it more researching into it rather than a test before breeding ?

Claire x
    [/quote]

that is a research project yes.

i would guess they do similar for pre breeding – ultrasound etc – and also look at ancestry for problems there…

I always thought Sue said it didnt show up until they hit 5………..

But that might have been cavs I was reading about so dont quote me on it!

Anonymous

No Suz any age young dogs usually die quickly the trials were set at five as this is the age that mature males start to show problems in some cases like Dex he has the problem but is well.
    Long may  it stay that way.
    Val

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12061.msg231951#msg231951 date=1216796723]
    I always thought Sue said it didnt show up until they hit 5………..

But that might have been cavs I was reading about so dont quote me on it!
    [/quote]

Sweetypye

If your dog has had the DNA test for VwB disease ie via Jeff Sampson etc then it should say affected or unaffected……….. the vet can easily contact someone for clarification.

bek

im not sure who done the test the vet is also not sure what the results mean (she didnt even no what the test was when lee asked for it) all i no is they took blood and sent it to america???

Anonymous

Sent it to America jesus what the hell for  ???
    This is what I hate about pet people trying to breed dogs if she had been a member of the clubs and brought from a breeder that knows what what been around the shows etc then she would have been told Jeff Sampson here in the UK.

[quote author=bek link=topic=12061.msg232077#msg232077 date=1216821223]
    im not sure who done the test the vet is also not sure what the results mean (she didnt even no what the test was when lee asked for it) all i no is they took blood and sent it to america???
    [/quote]

bek

Val she is trying  🙂

Anonymous

Trying what  ??? showing the dog so that she knows the good and the bad, joining the Dobbie Club  ??? helping to support the breed, no sorry she’s doing the tests to breed the dog whatever it looks like and even that she’s b*lls up
    Sorry Bek she maybe a mate but it makes me cross there’s more to breeding that a few checks and a dog with a lipstick
    Val

[quote author=bek link=topic=12061.msg232087#msg232087 date=1216824444]
    Val she is trying  🙂
    [/quote]

bek

i dont think lee can be blamed that the vet sent the test to america if you have a problem i could give you the vets phone number you can take it up with her.

I would like to thank you for you help and would still like to take you up on your offer to look at test result and pedigree if it is still open but the rest i would like to leave there
    thankyou all for you time 🙂

Anonymous

No problem bek I said I would and I will but you are still missing the point if she was REALLY in the breed she would have gone via Jeff Sampson 

[quote author=bek link=topic=12061.msg232096#msg232096 date=1216826661]
    i dont think lee can be blamed that the vet sent the test to america if you have a problem i could give you the vets phone number you can take it up with her.

I would like to thank you for you help and would still like to take you up on your offer to look at test result and pedigree if it is still open but the rest i would like to leave there
    thankyou all for you time 🙂
    [/quote]

GSPmad

http://www.vetgen.com/canine-vwd1.html

There is a DNA test available for Dobes to show them as clear, carrier or affected.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime