Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

von willebrands disease

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health von willebrands disease

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author

[quote author=Val link=topic=12061.msg232035#msg232035 date=1216814044]
    No Suz any age young dogs usually die quickly the trials were set at five as this is the age that mature males start to show problems in some cases like Dex he has the problem but is well.
    Long may  it stay that way.
    Val

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12061.msg231951#msg231951 date=1216796723]
    I always thought Sue said it didnt show up until they hit 5………..

But that might have been cavs I was reading about so dont quote me on it!
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Thanks Val, that is probably what she said, just registered in my brain a little differently  😉

Anonymous

[quote author=bek link=topic=12061.msg232077#msg232077 date=1216821223]
    im not sure who done the test the vet is also not sure what the results mean (she didnt even no what the test was when lee asked for it) all i no is they took blood and sent it to america???
    [/quote]

The vet isnt sure what the results mean???????? affected, clear or carrier, is that not simple enough for him ??? Blood doesnt go to america 😮 it goes over to Sweden, did  she have it done through the Kennel Club?

*Lassie*

It said on one of those links that Shetland sheepdogs can be affected by 2 types of von Willebrand’s disease ???
    Nothing on the main club web site about testing for it :-\
    http://www.essc.org.uk/health.htm

GSPmad

possibly an american site if it was one of my links.

gsps can get type 2 von willebrands – think they test in america but not over here – as think it so rare there aren’t cases over here. still might be worth while testing though – as presumably will be present in low frequency in population unless they are completely genetically separate.  ???

but think it may be due to different genetic disease prevalence due to different populations in different countries so it may not be a problem over here. if you see what i’m saying? brain scrambled tonight….  :-\

*Lassie*

but think it may be due to different genetic disease prevalence due to different populations in different countries so it may not be a problem over here. if you see what i’m saying? brain scrambled tonight….

In plain English do you mean different blood lines in other countries, and with American Shelties whole different breed ;D >:D

GSPmad

yep that sounds like about what i was trying to say jacqui.  😀 touche.  ;D

Anonymous

Thats a very flimsy health page
    ‘A number of breeders are now getting their breeding stock hip scored’
    Beardies can’t be advertised with the club unless they have been hip scored, bet there are not many shelties that are scored.
    Took the roughs enough years to say hallo we have a problem that was caused by at least two over used well known studs, that and temperament was why I gave them up.
    It’s not common in Shelties lassie Rough would know how common
    Val

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=12061.msg232168#msg232168 date=1216843658]
    It said on one of those links that Shetland sheepdogs can be affected by 2 types of von Willebrand’s disease ???
    Nothing on the main club web site about testing for it :-\
    http://www.essc.org.uk/health.htm
    [/quote]

Is Eris VwB tested?

(where on earth did that post go? )  ::)

Anonymous

Who’s Eris?

Bek’s shep  🙂

.dodger.

there were some picture’s of a white shepherd called Eris who had just had pups to kooga – i thought i recognized the dog in the picture but i don’t remember bek posting about Eris having a litter ??? ???

Anonymous

Oh right, but she not talking about Eris she talking about a friends Dobe, they dont test GSD’s for VWD do they?

.dodger.

??? hu why did laura ask if Eris was tested then? sorry i am completely confused 😀

Well i picked this disease out of all of them, simply because it was on here.  She hasn’t been tested for owt except hips.  Thats why she didn’t post about the litter

Anonymous

😮 naughty  ::)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime