- This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years, 1 month ago by Anonymous.
- July 7, 2006 at 4:22 pm #61490AnonymousGuest
Hi all !
It has come to my attention that in the last fortnight 3 members of this board have been decllined by rescues because of predudice against other dogs, or children living in the home.
This sticky will be specifically to give tips to avoid predudice and upset for those with extra special homes to offer, and will also reccommend rescues that board members have had *personal communication* either verbal or via email which will consider people on an individual basis.
As you all know I am a busy little bee so can I call upon members here to ask any rescues they currently have contact with about their “rehoming policy”.
What I would expect as a minimum from rescues you are putting in here is that they do one or more of the following …
(1) are prepared to listen over the phone or via email to initial enquiries
(2) if they are then followed up by prospective adopters the rescue would agree to have further telephone conversation and/or meet the whole family in person
(3) not put arbitary age limits for homing with children
(4) not make an issue if the home has a number of dogs already, and also entire dogs present
If you could put entries in the following format it would help keep the thread tidy 🙂
Rescue Name Rescue Website (if present) Rescue Contact Details
NB: I want to be clear that this list does not mean the rescue will automatically consider you for any/every dog, just that people will be considered on their own merits and advice will be given on appropriate dogs for your situation 🙂July 7, 2006 at 4:36 pm #92419AnonymousGuestJuly 7, 2006 at 8:35 pm #92420AnonymousGuest
Warrington Animal Welfare
will get number for youJuly 7, 2006 at 8:43 pm #92421AnonymousGuest
ohh claire is that bonnie i spy in the Mill Rescue!!! ;DJuly 7, 2006 at 8:54 pm #92422AnonymousGuest
Joly … it might be 🙂 doesnt she look happier now she is home 🙂
Claire xJuly 7, 2006 at 8:55 pm #92423AnonymousGuest
she certainly does!!! ;DJuly 7, 2006 at 9:04 pm #92424AnonymousGuest
Awwwww I want all the dogs from Mill Rescue :-*
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.