Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

We’ve been Bev’ed

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training We’ve been Bev’ed

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    xtine

Laura, you never cease to amaze me with your maturity  :-* You are such an open and honest young woman, good for you  :-* good luck with the training, I shall be watching the progress  :ok:

Prem2Pram

Good luck with the training I dare say it won’t be easy and at times it will no doubt be very challenging.

travis

Keep up the good work Laura,thank goodness you are a mature young lady who ask’s for help when a problem occur’s,many youngster’s your age would just ignore Dodger’s problem’s,you have past the first hurdle of admitting you need help,keep going hunni 🙂

*jody*

I still cant believe sometimes how much younger you are than me because you speak and come across so much more mature  :-*

Things will turn out okay, you have the best help and I think we all know you have the determination to help dodger through this ((((HUGS))))

Anonymous

So far so good Laura 😉
    Its hard to admit you have problems, like you said to me about Dex the other day, but its also a relief I think to get it off your chest and an even bigger relief to know that most people on here will be so supportive in times of need :-*. You have a long way to go, but am sure Bev will help all she can 🙂

Laura id take Bevs advice but from what youve said so far – no I dont think working trials is what he needs just now…………..maybe later i dont know see what bev says  :-*

Diesel73
    quote :

I couldn’t believe it – only a week ago dodger was in a fun dog show being handled by a stranger with no issues at all!

He getting into the prime of his life soon. He started growing up in head now. He a boy made to herd, guard and protect. His confidance is building up.

Stick with what Bev teaches you hard Laura, and you’ll get there. But you got working boy there. One that seriously needs a job. He wants to work, or he’ll redirect his energy.

quote :

dodger is what he is…a high drive bright gsd…he wont accept or cope with inconsistency..he wont cope with being nagged or barked at…he reads anxiety and kicks in protect mode..he responds to active body language…the good and the bad…when i motivate him on leash for example he responds big time…he over responds to some extent…he becomes silly and puppyish and nips my bum as he goes off into herd mode…

High drive, protective, the cirkling around something and my favourite aaaaaall time winner==> Nipping the behind being a true herdyboy. I want i want i want  :yes: .

Laura, the things you could do with Dodgeboy…..  He a drrrream to me

A very vèrrry realy meant==>  good  good luck with you and Bev training Dodgeboy  :-* .

good luck laura :-* youll get there in the end

Aw Laura, i know you can do it!  :-*

Anonymous

hi,

you *rock* laura 🙂  well done for posting.

also – re: your dog/people cues … absolutely !!!

I have “go on” as a cue – it wasnt ever formally taught to my dogs, its verbal (go on) and visual tho i couldnt tell you exactly what the visual is, its been learned by my dogs through repetition of my natural movements and now i have Harry I do have to stop and think and say “harry go on no dogs” and it seems to work letting them know they arent to come and arent to be cued again.

Claire x

Sweetypye

Laura with your level of inexperience and this dog you can still do Working Trials however I would strongly advise you NOT to attempt PD.

The difference between Working Trials and Schutzhund is that Protection work is not mandatory in the former but is part and parcel of the latter.

Tracking, obedience and agility is not a problem for any dog of any temperament. 

A defensive dog is not what is needed in protection work as it should all be prey and by the sound of your post, your dog, for whatever reason) is not relaxed around strangers……….

There is no reason you should not train your dog to do anything (bar protection work) once you have sufficient control over him.

Sounds like you are now on the right track.

Good luck.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime