Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

What breed to get?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs What breed to get?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Right – am looking to get another dog hopefully middle end of next year, no rush but whatever i get id like to show a bit so want to start looking now and get the right breeder!

Id LOVE another yankee but i just dont think its going to be practical with a new baby as well, the coat care of one is enough let alone two!!

So any ideas? I want something with HAIR – no short coats so no pugs blah blah i cant be doing with the moutling of that sort of coat. But double coats are fine – and preferably not too long! so no lhasas etc, and probably no terriers because of th estripping etc etc. And nothing bigger than Dexter!! Or at least not too big.

I have breeds i like – i love tibetan spaniels…….but i dont know much about them and their suitability with kids etc? I know all dogs can be bought up to be good round kids – but im sure some breeds will be happier than others! And it needs to be able to withstand some play with one Dexter dog lol!

So any suggestions?? Had a good look at the pomeranians yesterday but they just seem a little small – but its the sort of dog i like looks wise!!

*Nat*

Ooh how exciting  ;D

Val

Tibbies are a lovely breed I nearly went into the breed some years ago very peke like friendly happy little dogs.
    Another dog I would of had if I was younger is the Finnish Lapphund again friendly happy go lucky I have started judging this breed and a friend has gone into the breed so I will still be able to have one or two around without the work
    Val

*Nat*

Just looked up the Tibetan Spaniel, very cute  :ok: Only heard of a Tibetan Terrier before  🙂

;D ok Val you probably just swung it for me with the tibetan spaniels – i just wanted a bit of a better idea on their temperment etc – am going to start having a chat with people at any shows i get to, do you have any ideas of wher ei should start breeder wise??  ;D

Val

I am a bit out of date was making a fuss of some at Richmond this is the club best place to start will keep my nose out for you 
    http://www.tsauk.freeserve.co.uk/

*Nick*

Very exciting Suz .  Three more options to consider perhaps;  Coton de Tulear , Maltese or Havanese.  I may be off base with these, not a group I know much about.

Anonymous

Aww another puppy gosh you will be busy  ;D

[quote author=Val link=topic=15425.msg277241#msg277241 date=1285623534]
    I am a bit out of date was making a fuss of some at Richmond this is the club best place to start will keep my nose out for you 
    http://www.tsauk.freeserve.co.uk/
    [/quote]

thanks am off to hbave a nosy right now!!  ;D

[quote author=*Nick* link=topic=15425.msg277243#msg277243 date=1285630366]
    Very exciting Suz .  Three more options to consider perhaps;  Coton de Tulear , Maltese or Havanese.  I may be off base with these, not a group I know much about.
    [/quote]

Nope all too much LONG hair!!  ;D

Bilclarie

I’m in the process of importing a Mini Pin from Russia, don’t do dog hair and Merlin would never tollerate a small light coloured fluffy in the house, so it left me with not a lot of choice when choosing a small breed, and being black and tan they’ll all think it’s a Dobe puppy it just won’t grow but I’m looking forward to not having 35 kilos plus sitting on my lap.

Mo

xtine

😮 I had to read the date of this post a few times to check this wasn’t written last year!  😀

No advice… just admiration for having the energy to do it!  😀 You’re a nutter Mrs  :-*

haha – just forward plannign and all that Christine – no puppy til summer next year at earliest……..probably……….got to get the ok from my landlord first though!!  😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime