Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

What dog shampoo.?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Where can I find ……? What dog shampoo.?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    vinya12

Zhaan is 6 ½ months and has only ever had one bath and that was at 4 months at the Groomers . I want to bath her myself before her next show. I am looking for a mild shampoo that can fluff her up a bit . So no silky ones . Any suggestions on a good shampoo

*Lassie*
    Anonymous

The Groomers ones are good but don’t wash the the night before otherwise her coat will be way to soft give it at least a week
    Val

[quote author=vinya12 link=topic=13136.msg252956#msg252956 date=1227549462]
    Zhaan is 6 ½ months and has only ever had one bath and that was at 4 months at the Groomers . I want to bath her myself before her next show. I am looking for a mild shampoo that can fluff her up a bit . So no silky ones . Any suggestions on a good shampoo
    [/quote]

Ditto Val – i like the groomers one, except the one for greasy coats smells like something went off in the bottle  :vomit:

*Nick*

1 bath in 6 1/2 months!?  OMG if Sadie went that long I’d have to move out  :laugh:

.dodger.

dodger only ever gets a bath if he’s been swimming in the mud puddles apart from that his outer coat keeps him nice and clean (ish) 😀

wags

[quote author=*Nick* link=topic=13136.msg253113#msg253113 date=1227708552]
    1 bath in 6 1/2 months!?   OMG if Sadie went that long I’d have to move out  :laugh:
    [/quote]

Oban and Glen are like Sadie – if they dont get bathed often they stink – and Glen is the biggest muck magnet on the planet – i can take them all round the fields and he gets plastered in skank where as the others will all be clean

the girls though can go without for ages

Lucyr

For my Akita (another double coated breed) when showing her I use stuff from Plush Puppies.  I use whitening shampoo (as she has alot of white on her) and they do another shampoo which adds body to the coat.  If you give them a ring they are quite helpful and also have a website which gives you grooming tips for many different breed.

vinya12

thanks all. Elkhounds are very clean dogs. Dirt just dose not stick to them, we have been down the woods in the mud and she still comes home clean apart from muddy paws. I want to avoid bathing her as she dose not need it at all. But as its her first champ show so I want to get her looking her best.
    My chihuahua on the other hand is a mud trap. It sticks to him like glue urrr

Lucyr

I find the same happens with my Akita…she doesn’t particularly like the dirt but if she does get muddy somehow her legs are white again and her body is all clean by the time we are home or not long after….magic a self clean dog lol!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime